Strengthening Access to Long-Term Financing for Sustainable Development in Cities and Worldwide
Hosted by the Mayor of Paris, Anne Hidalgo, and the City of Paris and organized in partnership with the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), this affiliated event to the Paris Summit on a New Global Financing Pact aims to provide important contributions in the run-up to several global finance meetings being held this year, to strengthen international financing for achieving the SDGs in cities and globally.
CPI Manager Priscilla Negreiros will participate in this event, which will feature the launch of a new Global Commission for Urban SDG Finance and the release of the 2023 Sustainable Development Report, which tracks the SDG performance of all UN Member States every year.
The event features remarks from several notable speakers, including:
- Mayor Anne Hidalgo, Mayor of Paris
- Mayor Eduardo Paes, Mayor of Rio de Janeiro
- Prof. Jeffrey D. Sachs, Director, Center for Sustainable Development at Columbia University, President, UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN)
- Rémy Rioux, Chief Executive Officer, French Development Agency (AFD)
- María del Pilar Garrido Gonzalo, Director for Development Co-operation, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Dr. Naoko Ishii, Director, Center for Global Commons, University of Tokyo