CICLIA is a EUR 12.4 million project preparation facility funded by the European Union, SECO and AFD with the objective of supporting 20 to 25 cities in launching urban low-carbon & resilient infrastructure projects in Sub-Saharan Africa.
For each supported city, the main outcome of CICLIA’s support is feasibility studies and other due diligence documents which make the project “bankable” for an international financing institution .
Managed by AFD, the facility has 3 components:
- Component 1: Promoting city climate planning (city climate strategy, sector masterplan, etc.).
- Component 2: Preparing low-carbon and resilient urban infrastructure projects (pre-feasibility, feasibility studies, complementary studies of climate change impacts on the design of infrastructure projects, preliminary and detailed designs studies).
- Component 3: Technical assistance/Capacity building before and during project implementation.
- Submission and endorsement by local authorities (cities) or their national government (owner/promotor)
- Expected strong climate co-benefits, aligned with Paris Agreement
- Robust integration of gender issues
From EUR 50,000 up to EUR 1 million, depending on the needs (average amount of support EUR 500,000.).
A standard application form will be sent on request. Please contact the AFD office based in the project’s country (Africa) and/or contact CICLIA’s Secretariat.
If the application is validated by CICLIA’s secretariat, the project promotor/owner will be supported to develop the full terms of reference for the service contract to be performed by consultants. Procurement of this service contract will be handled by CICLIA’s secretariat.Typical application approval time: 1 month