TAP is a global initiative to support local and regional governments transform their net-zero emission and resilient development infrastructure concepts into mature, robust and bankable projects ready for financing and implementation.
Projects applying to TAP have to fulfill the following criteria:
- Submitted by local and subnational governments, or their partners (as long as
the local / regional government is a key stakeholder in the project);
- The project has been/ is expected to be discussed and approved in the municipal
council or similar level of decision making body and a resolution approving the project has been adopted or is forthcoming;
- Seeks funds for infrastructure investment (excluding the development of plans,
educational/awareness campaigns, public policies design, etc.);
- Climate project with the goal to accelerate net zero and climate-resilient development (objectives resulting in mitigation and/or adaptation to climate change activities)
When eligibility criteria fulfilled, projects are screened based on their transformative impact potential:
- Ambitious: mitigate GHGs emissions; increase the ability to adapt to the impacts
of climate change; foster climate resilience; support local and national sustainable
development priorities (specifically SDGs 11 and 13);
- Cross-cutting: population calculated to be benefited and potential scaling opportunity to reach more people; optimization of the local resources use; multiple sectors considered, using an holistic and integrated approach;
- Inclusive: local and regional governments’ coordination to ensure project co-design; engage communities, citizens and local stakeholders; demonstrate benefits for gender, youth and vulnerable communities.
The scoring goes from 0 to 100 percent and projects scoring higher than 80% can bear the TAP Seal of approval and become part of the project pipeline.
ICLEI’s role is not to provide financial support for project preparation. ICLEI commits to:
- Explore and engage with TAP Partners that could provide project preparation support/technical assistance and
- Search for a matching funding partner for TAP Projects.
TAP Services provided by partners are conditional, depending on Partners’ interest and the funds availability.Average support time: Until the project shows interest and commitment.
Projects are mobilized through annual calls via the TAP website, using the CCFLA harmonized application form including additional set of questions on their transformative impact. The form is available in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese and is downloadable from the website after registration. The recent call is now open until 30 November 2021 and applications can be submitted to the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail account.Typical application approval time: 2-3 Months